Whether or not a temporary job? 10 reasons why you would.
Are you considering a temporary job? Some people do not seem positive about a job through an employment agency. But with a recovering economy, accepting a short-term position may be the best option to end your stay among the unemployed.
And you will not be alone. Since the end of the crisis, more and more jobs are temporary jobs. Companies look for temporary agency work for a number of reasons. They can hire people faster and work so flexibly. In this way they can grow faster according to the needs and demand of the market. Moreover, thanks to a trial period, they know more quickly which candidates really match before they proceed to a recruitment.
For you as an employee, the benefits of a job via sending do not always seem to be positive. At Absolute Jobs, however, we always opt for jobs with an option. And temporary jobs also have many advantages. We list some of the most important ones.
All the benefits of a temporary job.
1. Temporary work is not as temporary as it is. Because in times of crisis, the number of permanent jobs often decreases seriously, while the number of temporary jobs is just growing. Previously, temporary work per day or per week was temporary. Now many temporary jobs are also of a longer duration and you work with a contract of two to six months. And in the end often a permanent, permanent contract.
2. If you are unemployed for months and you run out of money, a temporary job can bring you peace again. Even if your temporary employment job is not in line with the rest of your experience, it can still break through a negative spiral and you get a positive self-image again.And that's what you need to find your new job.
3. Having an activity is good for us people. Regardless of how young or old you are, temporary work can come in handy. Just got your diploma? Then you can gain a lot of practical experiencethat you never received as a student during your training. Already experienced? Then your temporary job can give a new twist to your life and form a tear-off to the labor market.
Opting for a job via a temp agency?
4. Having a job is better than not having a job, right? Because perhaps something is completely different for a short time than you are used to. But you keep busy, and you do not get big holes in your resume. This way you show your future employer that you really want to work and are motivated.
5. If you work somewhere temporarily, you are more likely to have a permanent job.Because if you do a good job and you deal positively with your team members, you make yourself indispensable. In order to achieve that, you must treat every day as an application and do your utmost. Arrive early, stay longer if necessary, take extra responsibility, fulfill additional tasks, ... it are all ways to attract the attention of your employer. And that pays off in the long run, take it from us.
6. Grow further in your career. Working with a temporary employment agency specialized in your specific field of interest can ensure that your temporary job is related to your previous jobs. In this way you will continue to work within the same industry and you will further develop your knowledge and experience.
7. Discover new challenges for the future.No idea where you want to go? Then one or more temporary assignments can help you to take the next step in your career.
8. People can use temporary work to develop new skills or to open the door to a new sector where they have not worked before. So learn new skills. See a new job as a way to gain new knowledge. Especially if it is beyond your previous professional experience, you can experiment in a new sector.
9. Increase your network and your contacts.The employer you work for may not have a vacancy if the temporary job ends. But if you leave a positive impression personally and professionally, you can start with strong references. And that's something you can build on.
10. Earn the respect of future employers. You may be worried about a new career change. But a company that later receives your cv will be all the more impressed by your decision to work in a sector that is not within your expertise. Even if your temporary employment does not match previous jobs, it is still better than working.
So go ahead and find the job that suits you, temporarily with an option. Through Absolute Jobs for example.